In this section, we will explain the precautionary measurement for preventive and curative maintenance of PC
The regular use of the computer may lead to constant wear and tear of its vital components. We regularly need to check its functionality and perform certain preventive and curative measures in order to increase its efficiency as well as the life span. The following major task must be performed regularly.
Preventive and curative maintenance of PC
- Always keeps your computer neat and clean. It is better to keep them in a dust-free environment.
- Back up your vital information regularly.
- Use good antivirus to protect your system from viruses, trojans, worms, and other malicious threats and keep them up to date with the latest update patch.
- Use the genuine operating system with proper license key and update it with the latest security patch.
- Properly shut down your system through the operating system menu. The force shut down by using the external power plug may damage the hard disk.
- Run system utilities like CHKDSK, SCANDISK, DISC DEFRAGMENTATION, etc.
- Run the CHKDSK command to check the file system of selected drives and fixes any file integrity issues of a volume.
- Run SCANDISK command to check for any drives error and bad sector.
- Run DISK DEFRAG to organize your disk space.
- If your computer, except server or other critical systems that need to be operated round the clock, is running for a longer period of time; it is good to reboot the system.